ARMASIGHT by FLIR Prometheus C 336 2-8x25 (60 Hz) Thermal Imaging Monocular
Armasight Prometheus-C is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets.
The Prometheus-C is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements. The Prometheus-C is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. The thermal imaging technology allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. The Prometheus-C demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
An additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the Prometheus-C with a robust library of software features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required by the operator. The nine-pin connector on the Prometheus-C reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments, where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that digitally enhances the picture, significantly sharpens edges, and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to the surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC), also known as flat-field correction (FFC). During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus-C models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/ FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC™ (SSN) – In addition to User-Controlled Manual NUC/ FFC, all Prometheus- C models employ a digital, supplemental, non-mechanical flat-field correction that extends periods between mechanical shutter events and further reduces image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
- Rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- Tau-2 17μm pitch thermal sensor
- Fast F1:1 front Germanium lens
- 640x480 color LED display
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user interface
- Simple 3-button control
- Polarity control (black hot/ white hot)
- Color & monochrome palettes
- Digital Zoom up to 8x
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Fast time to image ( < 3 sec)
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output/ optional video recorder with onboard replay
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336x256|
|Pixel Size||17 μm|
|Display Type||LED VGA|
|Pixel Display Format||640×480|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, and 4x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow1, Ironbow2, Sepia, Color1, Color2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL / NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||25 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||13° x 10°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||0.25m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||CR123 Lithium 3V (2) or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr (optional up to 7 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Overall Dimensions||150 × 90 × 52 mm (5.9 × 3.5 × 2.0 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.4 kg (0.88 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
- AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control) #94
- Instruction Manual with Warranty Card
- Picatinny adapter for AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control)
- Soft carrying Case
- Two Lithium Battery CR123A
- Video Cable
- HD DVR Digital Video Recorder
- Extended Battery Pack
- Tripod with a Grip
- Mil-Standard Hard Shipping/Storage Case #101
While all Gen 3 and some Gen 2+ require export licenses, all night vision products are subject to United States Export rules and regulations. Valid export licenses may be issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation 120-130. No exceptions!!