Steiner DBAL-I² w/Visible Red Pointer Laser & Eye Safe IR Pointer Mil-Spec (9004)
The DBAL-I² (Dual Beam Aiming Laser – Intelligent) Class 1 IR Laser is the first Mil Spec infrared aiming laser available to the commercial market. Class 1 IR lasers feature a 0.7mW rating which is eye safe and not restricted by the FDA. While this is a lower output than the standard 5mW+ IR lasers used by Warfighters and LE Professionals, it is perfectly adequate for targeting at ranges out to 250 yards. This encompasses most ranges at which users will engage targets during night shooting and training.
Functionally, the DBAL-I² Class1 Laser features two output modes: Visible and IR. The IR Laser is 0.7mW while the visible is a full power Class IIIa laser. The DBAL-I² Class1 is available with either a visible red or visible green laser. The IR pointer is low powered to make it eye-safe, but will perform well out to 450 yards. The pointer is easy to spot and has a good divergence/shape. The IR pointer works well with a separate LED IR Illuminator at distances, but will become a bit harder to see at close range due to the splash back from the illuminator on walls. This is especially true with light-colored walls. However, it is still easily visible for targeting. The IR pointer is more easily seen in darker conditions. Just like visible pointers, the Class1 laser will tend to wash out the closer it gets to another light source.
The Visible Pointer is available in two versions: Red or Green. These are both standard full-power Class IIIa lasers.
Based on LDI’s proven DBAL-I², the Class1 version has very few outward differences. The Class1 DBAL-I² utilizes the same exact body housing and optics package as its full-power brother. Physically, the housing is completely Mil Spec anodized precision machined Aircraft-Grade Aluminum with LDI’s excellent HT Throw Lever Mount. These housings are extremely rugged, currently fighting on the front lines of the Global War on Terror. The Mount is a self-adjusting throw lever that is exceptionally strong and requires no tools to adjust for out of spec rails. The only outward difference between the Class1 and standard models are the power setting markings. The DBAL-I² Class1 has markings for High/Low Visible and IR Pointer that allow for .7mW high and .2mW low.
In the past, some small-time companies have attempted to build home-made modified IR lasers and sell them on the tactical market. These units did not hold zero and were generally poorly constructed- more suited to toys. Now, for the first time ever, a major government contractor is producing civilian-legal IR lasers in quality Mil Spec housings. Finally, the commercial market has something readily available at affordable prices.
This Item is ITAR controlled and cannot be shipped or carried outside the United States without express written permission from the United States Department of State. We do not export outside the United States. PERIOD!
- 3.5”(L) x 2.75”(W) x 1.75”(H)
- 7.2 oz. (w/ Battery)
- Aircraft Aluminum 6061T-6
- Hard Anodized
- One (1) 3V DL123 Battery
- Battery Life:
- 5 Hours Continuous
- 20 Meters
- 3 Year Warranty
- IR Class:
- Class I (eye safe)
- IR Output:
- 0.7mW(H) – 0.2mW(L)
- IR Beam:
- 0.3 mrad
- IR Laser WL:
- 835 nm
- IR Range:
- 150/400-450 Yards (Low/High)
- VIS LASER Spec:
- 4.4mW (± 0.5mW)
- 0.5 x 1.5 mrad (±0.3)
- 532 nm (± 5nm)
- 30/450 Meters (Red), 50/1,500 Meters (Green) Day/Night
- Quick Release Throw Lever Mount, 7″ Remote Cable Pressure Pad Switch, Shipping Case, Allen Wrench, Operator’s Manual, One (1) 3V DL123 Battery
Export of night vision/thermal equipment and optical sighting equipment is controlled by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) U.S. Department of Commerce.
ITAR COMPLIANCE - THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR)
EXPORT POLICY AND EXPORT RESTRICTIONS INFORMATION
The U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control administer export control regulations that affect some aspects of our business. We request that you (the “Customer”) read and familiarize yourself with the following regarding certain applicable export regulations.
The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Night Vision Universe LLC will not engage in any transaction that requires the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.
Export of night vision equipment and optical sighting equipment is controlled by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) U.S. Department of Commerce.
It is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States, for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the Department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction. It is the Resellers/End Users responsibility to request and obtain export licenses for the export of the subject items, and to ensure that the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies are met. Sales or transfers to entities on the List of Debarred Parties, Denied Persons list and Embargoed Countries are strictly prohibited.
ITAR items and items marked for domestic sale only should only be used by party identified on the Night Vision Universe LLC Sales Order/Invoice for use or resale in the U.S. only. Such items should not be exported, provided to foreign persons in the U.S. (including Foreign Embassies in the U.S.A.), or sold domestically for export by a third party (including U.S. Government agencies). If/when such items are resold, the original purchasing party must advise customers/end users of their duty to comply with U.S. export control regulations or face the possibility of severe criminal and civil fines including imprisonment if convicted. Furthermore if above mentioned items are resold or transferred in any way, the original purchaser must inform customers/end user(s) that if these items are lost, stolen or destroyed, they must report this fact to Night Vision Universe LLC and provide the date of the incident as well as the associated serial number of the item.
“U.S. Person” for this purposes is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C.1101 (a) (20), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) and “US Company” as the company entity organized under the laws of the United States.
• Export of GEN-3 night vision equipment from the United States without a valid export permit issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls is strictly prohibited.
• Generation 4, autogated/filmless technology is not available for export. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
Other Restrictions: Restrictions on the use of night vision with a weapon vary from state to state. You are strongly advised to learn these laws and adhere to them. Night Vision Universe LLC will not be held responsible for unlawful usage.
By completing your order, you agree to the following:
- I understand that the products obtained from Night Vision Universe, LLC. are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the U.S. Government and that they fall under the jurisdiction of either the Department of State or the Department of Commerce.
- I understand that it is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States (U.S.), for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction.
- I understand that, in the ITAR (§ 120.16), a foreign person means any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C.1101(a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). It also means any foreign corporation, business association, partnership, trust, society or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments and any agency or subdivision of foreign governments (e.g., diplomatic missions).
- I understand that I am responsible for compliance with any and all U.S. Government export controls and regulations and that, if I violate them, it could result in severe criminal and civil penalties (including substantial fines, imprisonment, seizure of controlled products and technical data, and/or suspension/removal of export privileges).
- I understand that ANY diversion contrary to United States law is prohibited; it is the responsibility of the purchaser, and of any entity with which I am affiliated to comply with all applicable international, national, state, regional and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to any applicable import and use restrictions; that commodities or data may not be exported or re-exported or otherwise transferred to entities and persons that are ineligible under U.S. law to receive such product, technology, and/or software.
- I represent that neither I, any entity with which I am affiliated, nor any person involved in or benefiting from the export or re-export of products sold by Night Vision Universe, LLC are named on the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries. I further understand that exports, re-exports, or transfers of any products to, or for the benefit of, individuals, entities and countries named in the lists referenced in the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries are strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions on this, please send us a message.
Night Vision Universe LLC will not be held responsible for unlawful export. This includes all generations of any night vision optic, thermal optic, laser optic, day optic, etc.
Thank you for your time in carefully reading these regulations and for your compliance.
Night Vision Universe LLC