Steiner DBAL-D2 Dual Beam Aiming Laser Green w/IR LED Illuminator Class 1 (9001) Black
The DBAL-D2 (Dual Beam Aiming Laser) is a multi-function Class 1 Infrared Laser from Steiner. Being Class 1, it is completely Eye-Safe and available to the general public. Class 1 IR lasers feature a 0.7mW rating which is not restricted by the FDA. While this is a lower output than the standard 5mW+ IR lasers used by Warfighters and LE Professionals, it is perfectly adequate for targeting at ranges out to 450 yards. This encompasses most ranges at which users will engage targets during night shooting and training. The DBAL-D2 is designed to be weapon-mounted and act as an aiming system when the shooter is using head-mounted night vision goggles. With the maximum identification range of the latest Gen3 tubes being between 100-115 yards, the 450-yard range of the Class1 laser is perfect.
At its core, the DBAL-D2 is a civilian-legal DBAL-A2 (AN/PEQ-15A). It features a Class IIIa visible laser pointer (available in red or green), Class 1 Infrared laser pointer, and Class 1 LED IR illuminator. The Illuminator is what sets the D2 apart from the legacy LDI Class 1 lasers. The DBAL-D2 features an integral LED Infrared illuminator, complete with High/Low settings. At high power, it runs at 600mW, generating IR illumination out to 800 yards (750 yards useable). This incredibly high power illuminator is an LED, making it completely eye-safe. What’s more, the 0.7mW infrared laser will not wash out in the illuminator’s beam, giving the shooter clear and precise aiming out to the laser’s maximum range under less-than-optimal lighting conditions. Please note that the illuminator will “reflect” off walls at high power and close range, effectively washing out the lower power laser. For these applications, it is recommended to use the illuminator on its low setting. The illuminator features a variable bezel that can be focused from a wide/short-throw (30°) to a narrow/long-throw beam (2°).
Functionally, the rest of the DBAL-D2 provides the same benefits as the legacy systems. The Class 1 IR laser works great out to 450 yards and the visible green laser is the same as the others. One difference is both lasers are slaved, meaning that they zero each other when adjustments are made. This makes zeroing the laser a lot easier.
Physically, the DBAL-D2 features the same robust aircraft-grade machined aluminum housing as Steiner’s military lasers. Obviously, the illuminator housing is larger to accommodate the LED, but other than that, it is about the same size as an AN/PEQ-16B. It is extremely rugged and can take a lot of abuse. In fact, when you get the DBAL-D2 in your hands, it is very apparent that it’s built like a tank. The D2 uses the same excellent HT Self-Adjusting Throw-Lever as every other Steiner laser. This is one of the best quick-detach mounts on the market. We have yet to find a rail it won’t work on.
The DBAL-D2 is the embodiment of innovation in the civilian night vision market. Steiner listens to its customers and makes products based on more than just what the government wants. The inclusion of the infrared illuminator in the unit allows the shooter to free up real estate on the weapon platform for other accessories, or simply condense the amount of things hanging off the gun. Add in the fact that the illuminator is one of the finest we have seen, and you have a winning product. Please note: the illuminator is an LED, so there is visible downrange signature. A visible red light (inherent to all LED’s) can be seen from over 100 yards away when viewed within 2° of the emitter. This is a very small window, but something professionals need to be aware of.
The new DBAL-D2 (Dual Beam Aiming Laser with IR LED Illuminator) is the commercial version of its predessor, the DBAL-A2.
This compact, rugged device is equipped with either a Red or Green Visible Pointer, Class 1, Eye-Safe IR Pointer and an Eye-Safe IR LED Illuminator which provides an eye-safe means of illuminating distances up to 1000 meters.
The DBAL-D2 can be handheld or weapon-mounted to any MIL-STD-1913/Picatinny rail using the self-adjusting quick release HT mount.
- IR Pointer (<0.7mW)
- IR LED Illuminator (<600mW nominal)
- Choice of Red or Green Visible Pointer (<5mW)
IR Laser Pointer: Class I
Power Output (Hi / Lo)
IR Laser Pointer: <0.7mW / <0.7mW
IR Laser Pointer: 8350nm
Full Angle Beam Divergence
IR Laser Pointer: up to 225m
IR Laser Pointer: -40C to +51C
IR LED Illuminator: -25C to +55C
Weight (with battery)
L 9.78 cm x W 8.56 cm x H 4.04 cm
- Rugged aerospace aluminum housing
- Hi- and Lo-power modes of operation
- Single adjustment mechanism for both visible and IR pointers
- 2° to 30° focusable IR Illuminator
- Superior beam quality significantly enhances night vision performance (Gen I actis like Gen II)--No night vision wash out
- Push button and remote cable pressure pad switch and integrated momentary activation switch
- Single tap enables momentary activation
- Double tap instantly activates the laser in a continuous ON mode for 5 minutes or until pressed again
- Supplied with
- Quick Release HT Mount
- On CR123A battery
- 7 in. remote cable pressure pad switch (specify length if different)
- Waterproof to 20 Meters
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Export of night vision/thermal equipment and optical sighting equipment is controlled by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) U.S. Department of Commerce.
ITAR COMPLIANCE - THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR)
EXPORT POLICY AND EXPORT RESTRICTIONS INFORMATION
The U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control administer export control regulations that affect some aspects of our business. We request that you (the “Customer”) read and familiarize yourself with the following regarding certain applicable export regulations.
The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Night Vision Universe LLC will not engage in any transaction that requires the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.
Export of night vision equipment and optical sighting equipment is controlled by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) U.S. Department of Commerce.
It is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States, for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the Department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction. It is the Resellers/End Users responsibility to request and obtain export licenses for the export of the subject items, and to ensure that the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies are met. Sales or transfers to entities on the List of Debarred Parties, Denied Persons list and Embargoed Countries are strictly prohibited.
ITAR items and items marked for domestic sale only should only be used by party identified on the Night Vision Universe LLC Sales Order/Invoice for use or resale in the U.S. only. Such items should not be exported, provided to foreign persons in the U.S. (including Foreign Embassies in the U.S.A.), or sold domestically for export by a third party (including U.S. Government agencies). If/when such items are resold, the original purchasing party must advise customers/end users of their duty to comply with U.S. export control regulations or face the possibility of severe criminal and civil fines including imprisonment if convicted. Furthermore if above mentioned items are resold or transferred in any way, the original purchaser must inform customers/end user(s) that if these items are lost, stolen or destroyed, they must report this fact to Night Vision Universe LLC and provide the date of the incident as well as the associated serial number of the item.
“U.S. Person” for this purposes is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C.1101 (a) (20), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) and “US Company” as the company entity organized under the laws of the United States.
• Export of GEN-3 night vision equipment from the United States without a valid export permit issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls is strictly prohibited.
• Generation 4, autogated/filmless technology is not available for export. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
Other Restrictions: Restrictions on the use of night vision with a weapon vary from state to state. You are strongly advised to learn these laws and adhere to them. Night Vision Universe LLC will not be held responsible for unlawful usage.
By completing your order, you agree to the following:
- I understand that the products obtained from Night Vision Universe, LLC. are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the U.S. Government and that they fall under the jurisdiction of either the Department of State or the Department of Commerce.
- I understand that it is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States (U.S.), for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction.
- I understand that, in the ITAR (§ 120.16), a foreign person means any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C.1101(a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). It also means any foreign corporation, business association, partnership, trust, society or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments and any agency or subdivision of foreign governments (e.g., diplomatic missions).
- I understand that I am responsible for compliance with any and all U.S. Government export controls and regulations and that, if I violate them, it could result in severe criminal and civil penalties (including substantial fines, imprisonment, seizure of controlled products and technical data, and/or suspension/removal of export privileges).
- I understand that ANY diversion contrary to United States law is prohibited; it is the responsibility of the purchaser, and of any entity with which I am affiliated to comply with all applicable international, national, state, regional and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to any applicable import and use restrictions; that commodities or data may not be exported or re-exported or otherwise transferred to entities and persons that are ineligible under U.S. law to receive such product, technology, and/or software.
- I represent that neither I, any entity with which I am affiliated, nor any person involved in or benefiting from the export or re-export of products sold by Night Vision Universe, LLC are named on the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries. I further understand that exports, re-exports, or transfers of any products to, or for the benefit of, individuals, entities and countries named in the lists referenced in the Lists of Prohibited Individuals, Entities and Countries are strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions on this, please send us a message.
Night Vision Universe LLC will not be held responsible for unlawful export. This includes all generations of any night vision optic, thermal optic, laser optic, day optic, etc.
Thank you for your time in carefully reading these regulations and for your compliance.
Night Vision Universe LLC